I needed a redesigned website. It was time for a change! Oh my own website has really always been the bane of my existence. Between creating lovely websites for my fabulous clients, I always found it so difficult to apply my techniques I use on others on my own project. As the saying goes, the cobbler’s kids have no shoes. I could no longer stand the feel of my old site, it just wasn’t supporting my message or my story of what I have to offer others.
I decided to use the Organic Discovery Process which I use on my clients – this time on myself!
Each website is as individual as snowflake as each site has different:
- products and services to sell
- looks and visual branding
- people they desire to attract
- business goals and values
- emotions they want to invoke
- messaging to support all of the above
While a simple questionnaire can discover most of the information above, I want to go deeper.
Why do you do what you do?
I want to know what’s at the root of what you do the WHY.
- I want to know what motivates you to take action
- I want to know what emotions are at the core of your values
- I want to know what you need to get organized
- I want to know what inspires your business decisions
Organic Discovery Process
The discovery process for me is more than a questionnaire, you’re going to get undivided 1-on-1 time whether we meet in person at a fun San Francisco cafe, over the phone or over video chat. I need to make a personal connection with you, to understand you and to understand your business so that we can create the perfect redesigned website.
This understanding and knowing comes not exactly from what you say, but by HOW you say it.
When we meet, I listen. I want to hear your story, I want to feel the energy behind your words (I’ve actually asked people if they really wanted to pursue a new site or business because there was a complete lack of energy behind their voice). From there I respond with sometimes wacky questions such as:
- If your business was a food or cuisine what would it be?
- Which public figure or celebrity could best use your product or service?
- If your business had a magic power, what would it be?
I’m listening to your words, as well as using my intuition and empathy to get to the root of what you really mean. I can discover so much this way.
From this Organic Discovery Process, I will have collected the preliminary information to put together a project brief with all the purpose, intention, meaning, messaging and style you desire.
My result? A redesigned website!
I was so busy working on client work that I neglected to take a step back to assess my motives, drive, system and inspiration in creating beautiful brands and websites for others. When I finally took the time to reflect, I took myself through my Organic Discovery Process, I finally refreshed my website!
What I discovered was that I get inspired by:
- making others feel great about their businesses
- inspiring others to accomplish their goals through branding and design
- seeing untapped opportunities and talents in others
I was then able to harness this information for a newly refreshed website for 2015!
Are you ready to go on an Organic Discovery Process to get your redesigned website? If so, contact me to schedule an appointment.